For Via Ferrata afficionados, this is a big name. The Königsjodler route is not overly hard, but its sheer length and exposure to the elements is legendary. Good planning and knowing your speed is key to conquer this big tour – nothing for First-Timers!
What’s to be expected:
- Day 1: We meet in the early AM in Dienten, Erichhütte car park. We start our day with a gentle climb up to the start of the route (2hrs). The route itself takes us 5-8 hours before we reach the Matras Haus, right on the summit. Thats where we gonna have a beer and enjoy the sunset on this amazing spot.
- Day 2: You would think its over, but Hochkönig offers some thrills also on the way down. We make our way downwards through the Birgkar, which is not much easier than the way up. Partly climbing, later hiking, but after about 4 hours we are back at the cars
What you get:
2 days of individual guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide, Rental of harness, helmet, via ferrata set, Amazing days out in the high alpine, booking of huts and taxis, trip organisation
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 10 hours per day and 1300 vertical meters necessary
- some rock “scrambling” experience appreciated
- hut and half board is not included in the price (approx. 45 Euros)
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
4 people – € 165,00
3 people – € 200,00
2 people – € 280,00
1 person – € 525,00