Climbing Mont Blanc is something every mountaineer is dreaming of. The highest peak of the alps is attractive, but not only in summer. The big advanDaye in winter is without doubt not having to hike down the 2000 vertical meters to get back to Chamonix. Instead, you get a fantastic run through big glaciers, in between impressive crevasses and great pitches of skiing.
What’s to be expected:
- Day 1: We meet at noon in Chamonix. After equipment check we go up to “Plan des Aiguilles”, the mid station of Aiguille de Midi. From there we start skinning up the Bosson glacier to reach Rifugio Grand Mulets, 3051 m, where we spend the night. (750 m up, 3 hrs.)
- Day 2: Early start, by the “Route Royal” to Dome de Gouter. Here we leave the ski behinds and but crampons on. With the ice axe in our hand we climb the last 400 m in a little steeper terrain over the beautiful and scenic Bosses-Ridge to the summit! Top of the Alps! Yiha! After enjoying the view and a snack we start the mindblowing decent all the way down to the tunnel entrance of Mont Blanc Tunnel, more than 3000 m lower.
What you get:
2 full days of individual skitouring guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide and Level-4 Ski Instructor, Rental of harness and crampons, Rental of beacon/transceiver and probe, Amazing days out in the backcountry, booking of huts and taxis, trip organization
- you have to be able to ski black groomer runs with confidence
- ski touring experience is necessary
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 5 hours per day and 2000 vertical meters necessary
- you have to be able to do switchbacks
- experience with crampons and ice axe necessary
- good acclimatization crucial.
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
2 people – € 925,00
1 person – € 1850,00