The Grossvenediger 3,674m
The Grossvenediger sure is a white giant. From all 4 sides this is a great ski trip with tons of good skiing. Technical difficulties are not overly high. Thats why this makes for a great first 2 day high alpine trip on huge glaciers and with mind blowing views.
What’s to be expected:
- This is a 2-day trip as the ascent is quite long. Starting point is Neukirchen, approximately 40 minutes by car from Zell am See. On day 1 we climb up to Kürsinger Hütte, a cosy mountain hut in the middle of big glaciers and high peaks. As we use a taxi for the first couple of flat kilometers, this should not take much longer than 3 hours. Perfect to get accustomed to the altitude. Furthermore this gives us time to take a lot of pictures and enjoy the sun here in the middle of Austrias first National Park.
- The second day starts early with breakfast. Then we climb up the impressive glacier of Obersulzbachkees. Soon the sun will warm our still cold fingers and we gain height step by step. We travel through impressive crevasse systems through some of the biggest glaciers of Austria. After 5 hours we reach the cross on the summit and have time to rest before we start the long and rewarding descent.
What you get:
Two days of individual skitouring guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide and Level-4 Ski Instructor, Rental of harness and crampons, Rental of beacon/tranceiver, shovel and probe, Amazing day out in the backcountry
- you have to be able to ski black groomer runs with confidence
- a little ski touring experience is necessary
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 5 hours per day necessary
- no rock climbing experience necessary
- overnight stay at the hut inkl. half board approx. 50 Euros (not included)
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
6 people – € 170,00
5 people – € 180,00
4 people – € 230,00
3 people – € 330,00
2 people – € 450,00
1 person – € 850,00