Just in time for the full-time season or the start of our weekly guided tours on the Kitzsteinhorn, we would like to inform you that our maintenance and refurbishment work on the Kitzsteinhorn has been completed. Everything in the best order, the climbing system to the summit is waiting for your ascents.
You lack the necessary experience for an ascent of the Kitzsteinhorn? Information about our tour “My first 3000s” can be found here
What some of you may not know, you can climb really casually at the Kitzsteinhorn! By “casual” I mean the following:
- due to the altitude you can escape perfectly from the heat
- several sectors offer all levels of difficulty, sport climbing up to the eighth degree and even the very little ones get their money’s worth. Numerous boulderblocks and
- easy routes make the area really perfect for families
- with the Green Rescue Wall you can even experience “alpine feeling”. The tours in this sector are up to 3 pitches long and are perfect as an introduction to multi-rope climbing.
- AND if you have never seen a edelweiss, you have to be careful that you don’t stick to one or accidentally appear on it when climbing, BUT PLEASE DON’t CHECK!!!!
The climbing gardens were also checked by us, maintained and rehabilitated where necessary. All information about climbing at the Kitzsteinhorn can be found here:
or at the Infocenter in the Alpincenter at 2500m.
I wish you a nice mountain summer and a lot of fun at the Kitzsteinhorn, see you soon,