Großes Wiesbachhorn – 3,564 m
Steep ascent above Kaprun … countless switchbacks to enjoy stunning views of the high alpine lakes of Kaprun Moserboden. All that combined with amazing food on Heinrich Schwaiger Haus and an impressive pinnacle as summit. Wiesbachhorn is one of the highest mountains of Salzburger Land and is a great adventure for first time mountaineers.
What’s to be expected:
- Day 1: We meet each other in Kaprun and take the bus up to the dam of Moserboden. Here we start our 2 hours hike up to Heinrich Schwaiger Haus. We have dinner and enjoy a glass of wine while we watch the sun go down.
- Day 2: The day starts with a real challenge. We have to climb a little chimney right behind the hut before the steep ascent continues. An hour later we reach famous Kaindl Ridge that takes us to the small and exposed summit. Afterwards descent and by bus back to Kaprun.
What you get:
2 days of individual guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide, Rental of harness, helmet, ice axe and crampons, Amazing days out in the high alpine, booking of huts and taxis, trip organization
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 5 hours per day and 1000 vertical meters necessary
- some rock climbing/scrambling experience appreciated
- hut and half board is not included in the price (approx. 50 Euros)
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
4 people – € 170,00
3 people – € 215,00
2 people – € 305,00
1 person – € 570,00