The Grossvenediger – 3,674 m
Not the highest, sure one of the most beautiful amongst the peaks of the National Park Hohe Tauern. Its vast glacier fields and huge crevasses are impressive and sometimes even a little scary. Thats why it is an absolut must to be roped up unless one wants to risk a dip into one of the countless black holes of one of the biggest ice shields of Austria. But your guide knows the way and will lead you safely to the summit.
What’s to be expected:
- Day 1: We meet on Hopfeldboden Parking Lot in Neukirchen, where we run through equipment. Afterwards we hop on the National Park Taxi and go up the beautiful valley of Obersulzbach. At the end of the road, there is a short hike of 2 hrs waiting for us. But this is gonna be easy, knowing that a nice dinner is waiting for us up at Kürsinger Hütte.
- Day 2: A normal early start with breakfast. Through the dark we hike up on a beaten trail to the beginning of the glacier. Here we rope up, put crampons on and start the long but beautiful hike up to the white summit of Grossvenediger. After a snack and drink, its just the long descent thats still waiting for us. After 4 hours we are back at the road and wait for the taxi to take us back into civilization.
What you get:
2 days of individual guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide, Rental of harness, helmet, ice axe and crampons, Amazing days out in the high alpine, booking of huts and taxis, trip organisation
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 5 hours per day and 1000 vertical meters necessary
- some rock climbing/scrambling experience appreciated
- hut and half board is not included in the price (approx. 50 Euros)
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
6 people – € 135,00
5 people – € 145,00
4 people – € 165,00
3 people – € 200,00
2 people – € 280,00
1 person – € 525,00