The Grossglockner – 3,798 m
The highest mountain of Austria, the Grossglockner sure is famous amongst our countrymen. There is a lot of history around this impressive summit that makes it something very special. A beautiful golden cross on top, erected for the 25th anniversary of the marriage of Austrias last Emperor, makes for an outstanding summit picture, no doubt.
But not only great history, also a versatile climb through glaciated terrain and a exposed rocky section on top make this one of the most beautiful mountains of Austrian Alps. Different routes take you to the highest point. Beginners on the normal route and more advanced climbers will have fun on the more challenging ridges around. Just get in touch to plan your individual tour.
What’s to be expected:
- Day 1: Usually around noon we meet each other on Stüdlhütte, which is an easy hike from the car. From there we climb all the way up to Austrias highest hut, Erzherzog Johann Hütte. Here we enjoy a great dinner and a mindblowing sunset, before we have a good sleep to be ready for whats to come.
- Day 2: We get up early and have a nice breakfast. While the first sun rays touch our nose we climb the last challenging 1.5 hours to the summit. The rest of the morning we spend with the descent and with taking pictures. Back at the car at 2pm earliest.
What you get:
2 days of individual guiding by a certified IFMGA Mountain Guide, Rental of harness, helmet, ice axe and crampons, Amazing days out in the high alpine, booking of huts and taxis, trip organisation
- physical fitness to do 400 vertical meters per hour (ascent) necessary
- physical fitness to climb up to 5 hours per day and 1000 vertical meters necessary
- some rock climbing/scrambling experience appreciated
- hut and half board is not included in the price (approx. 50 Euros)
All details at a glance
Prices per person excl. Expenses
3 people – € 230,00
2 people – € 300,00
1 person – € 525,00